Executive Resume Writer Specialist for Technology Sector
Powerful job search tools from a certified executive resume writer
2021 Winner National Resume Writers’ Association ROAR Award: Best Executive Resume
Resume writing, LinkedIn profile writing, cover letters, recruiter introduction letters, executive biographies, speaker biographies, and job search coaching from a Nationally Certified Resume Writer and LinkedIn profile expert.
Phil Hurd, nationally certified resume writer and LinkedIn profile expert
Phil Hurd, the owner and chief executive resume writer of Catalyst Resumes, is a nationally certified resume writer and profile writer. He specializes in working with clients in such areas as software, information technology, biotechnology, healthcare, manufacturing, and engineering.
M.B., Biotechnology Data Scientist
Clients like working with Phil because he is also a leading executive recruiter. Phil has 30 years of experience with thousands of hiring situations and he knows exactly what hiring managers and recruiters are looking for in your resume. Phil has both an Master of Science from Northeastern University and a Bachelor of Science from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Before becoming a recruiter and executive resume writer, he was an engineer at one of the world’s top computer companies. He understands what you do and knows how to ask the right questions to draw out and prioritize your accomplishments.
How can Catalyst Resumes help you with your personal branding project?
You know that it can be challenging to find a resume writer who understands technology companies, job functions, and jargon, and who can sift through lots of facts and details and tell your story in accomplishment-focused personal marketing documents that strategically emphasize business value you create.
- TOO BUSY—You can never seem to find the time to sit down and create a powerful and succinct resume, profile, and cover letter, and now a headhunter has contacted you about a great opportunity you’d like to pursue.
- FRUSTRATED—You’ve got a resume that you’ve just kept adding to over the years. It’s dense, too long, and full of jargon, but there’s a lot of important detail in it and you don’t know how to present it all to make yourself stand out from your job search competitors and capture attention.
- INSECURE—Job-changing isn’t the same since the last time you looked. You’re submitting your resume to lots of postings where you know you’re well-qualified for the job, but no response.
- UNSURE—You have no idea how to optimize your resume for applicant-tracking systems.
- CONFUSED—Your LinkedIn profile rarely gets noticed by recruiters and hiring managers, or if it does, you’re getting contacted about the wrong roles that don’t match your goals.
- WORRIED—You need to present your background in the best way possible to minimize issues with age discrimination, lack of experience, work history gaps, etc.
- NERVOUS—You’re uncomfortable about the job search, interviewing strategy and tactics, and negotiation, and you’d like a trusted guide to help you navigate through it.
- ANNOYED—You paid another resume writer but they didn’t “get” the tech industry and you’re not happy with what they wrote because it doesn’t capture the real you and what makes you great.
The value Catalyst Resumes brings as an executive resume writer
You need someone who understands the complexities and jargon of what you do. What you’ve accomplished. Who can distill that to a compelling and effective story in a resume, LinkedIn profile, or cover letter.
Even more important: you need someone to help you draw out and articulate your unique accomplishments. Your resume and profile must show how those would be advantages you bring to your next employer. Many technical people are great at what they do, but they’re not very comfortable or effective with promoting themselves.
Phil Hurd and Catalyst Resumes: the right executive resume writer
Phil Hurd is one of well under 100 people worldwide who currently hold dual national certifications in resume writing (NCRW) and LinkedIn profile writing (NCOPE) from the National Resume Writers’ Association (www.thenrwa.com), the leading non-profit resume-writers professional organization. When you hire an executive resume writer with these certifications, you can be sure you’re getting demonstrated expertise in ethical business conduct, strategic client branding, document design, ATS compatibility, writing clarity, and grammar.
Executive resume writer and LinkedIn profile writing services for these roles and many more:
- C-Suite (CEO, CFO, COO, CIO, CMO, President, General Counsel, CHRO, CDO, CTO, CISO, Chief Medical Officer, CRO, Executive Director)
- VP Manufacturing
- VP Operations
- Vice President (SVP/EVP) Engineering
- Director of Software Development
- VP Sales / VP Marketing
- VP Platform Discovery (biotechnology)
- Software Engineer
- Product Manager
- Director Program Management
- Sales Engineer
- Director of Finance